Saturday 25 June 2011

Sign of the Times

Horoscopes are complete bunkum but a great excuse to do some illustration. I've done a few in my time.One of the first things I did for my portfolio was a couple of horoscope signs. It seemed a good way to generate some artwork.

Well Beatnicks do have goatees - so why not? I don't know why Beatnicks are funny & cool. But they just are. Bongos are even more  funny & cool !

This one's got a 'Bulleye' meet Picasso vibe. Not sure now but it seemed a good idea at the time.




This was my first paying horoscope for Bliss magazine. I think they came up with the idea of a pretty girl eating crab but I put the whole Japanese twist on it. I was going through a 'Japanese' phase at the time. 
 I came up with the idea of a giant monster crab attacking Tokyo which I pitched as an alternative idea.They went with the former. I still prefer mine. 

    
                                                                                                                                                                           I designed idents for all 12 signs for Just 17 magazine. I was commissioned to do a larger illustration for each month but in the end only did two. Here's the one I did for Libra.             


1 comment: