Monday 16 May 2011

The Seven Circles of Disco Hell

A while back I went through a 'Disco' phase. I wanted to put a Disco ball in every picture. I got the idea of the seven circles of Disco Hell. A 'Disco Inferno' if you will. I was going to do a descending list of Disco acts going from the sublime to the ridiculous. Putting Donna Summer as the pinnacle I started work on this Magnum Opus. In the end It all got a bit much. How do you manage to fit Chic, the Bee Gees and all of the Village People in to the landscape of Hell with out the composition getting too cluttered.

Any way I thought I'd post what I did do. Enjoy!!


The Brothers' Gibbs. Stayin' Alive. Gold Medallion man personified.




Did the French invent Disco? Who knows but France's Cerrone is all that's best and worse in  Disco.He wrote the classic 'Supernature'! I love the hair/ moustache he worked through the 70s.



The Village People. Need I say more!



At the more classy end of Disco. Chic. Le Freak. I was rather happy with the way this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment